1) My new chapbook Talking Doll from Dancing Girl Press – thanks to Sara Lefsyk for the cover illustration which is pulled from an iphone photograph I took of a handmade postcard she once sent me in the mail. Many thanks to Kristy Bowen at Dancing Girl Press. Lots of other great chapbooks up there: Joanna Penn Cooper, Sarah Sloat…
2) Here’s an interview I did with Jillian Mukavetz at Women’s Quarterly Conversation in which I touch on some things I usually don’t get into.
3) Poetry Crush has become my new way of asking people what they’re reading and what poetry they recommend: Valentine Issue, Hey James Harms, What are you reading? Hey Kristy Bowen what are you reading?
4) February-March Readings.
- NYC/ Earshot Reading Series – February 16 | 7:30 p.m. With Joanna Penn Cooper
- Chicago/AWP off site– March 1 | 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Chicago Poetry Center – Reading with people I love. Friends and teachers.
- Chicago/AWP offsite – March 1 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Naugatuck River Review
- Chicago/AWP offsite– March 3| 6:00-8:00 p.m. Dancing Girl Press – this is a chapbook signing actually.
- North Hampton, MA/ Naugatuck River Review - March 10th | 2 – 4:30pm at the Forbes Library, 20 West St.
- NYC Chapbook Festival — March 30, 2pm with Niina Pollari and Farrah Field.
- NYC/ Stain of Poetry Reading Series- March 30, 7pm with Joanna Penn Cooper, Tyler Flynn Dorholt, Lindsey Boldt and Steve Orth.
5) Caldera. I spent most of January at an artist residency in a cabin in a volcanic caldera in the central mountains of Oregon. This was the greatest gift to my work and my person. More about this later… but I found these 2 videos made by Suniti Dernovsek who is a brilliant dancer choreographer whose cabin was next door to mine and this captures so much of what was magical in life at Caldera
this one is called: This is how we disappear
this one is called: snow day
6) My poem ” Invention of the Phonograph” is in the Winter 2012 Issue of Naugatuck River Review.